You can change the life of an animal in need by becoming a foster volunteer and opening your home and heart to a foster friend.
Is fostering right for you? There are many things to consider when deciding to foster an animal.
Foster caregivers must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete a foster care application and sign a foster care agreement
- Take on the responsibility for routine care in your home during the foster period
- Ensure that animals can be fostered in your home
- Isolate foster animals from family pets within the home, as required
- Quarantine your foster animals for 14 days to prevent disease spread, as required
- Maintain a peaceful, loving environment for the foster animals and spend quality time socializing them
- Utilize the emergency contact number for after-hour emergencies
- Maintain communication with the Foster Program Coordinator
- For socialization and enrichment ideas visit shelterhealthpro.com.
- Existing animals in your home must be up-to-date on vaccines and in good health
- Every family member in the household will need to be prepared for the commitment and emotions involved with fostering.
Additional Fostering Info
If you are interested in fostering, please call Pet Save 705-692-3319 or fill out the application and send to it firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we do our best to reply to all inquiries within 48 hours, please remember we are a 100% volunteer-based organization, and many of us have full-time jobs outside of rescue. We appreciate your patience.
Our priority is to ensure the fit is right for both you and the dog.male